Monday, December 3, 2012

what if all that is left are the weird eggs?

today, my world was rocked.


Okay, not really. But I did get a pretty big reality check from an 8 year old. (: Kids say the silliest things.


Little girl: Nicia, how old are you?
Me: I am 24!
LG: Wow! That's old.
Me: Haha, yes.
LG: Are you married?
Me: Nope, not yet!
LG: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: Nope, not at the moment.
LG: Are you SERIOUS?


Hahaha. Oh man. That got a pretty good laugh.
What I should have said (advice that every girl should have):


Many men will come your way, but you don't want to be with just any man. You want to wait for that special guy who puts you first, lets you know that you are appreciated and shows you how much he loves you through his actions instead of his words. You want to be with a man who treats you like you are the only girl in the universe, a man who has eyes only for you, a man who doesn't hesitate to say 'i love you', and genuinely means every word. Sometimes he may take longer to come around, but he will be worth the wait.

I have not figured out who my prince charming is yet. But I know he will be at least three things (and more): my sweetheart, lover, and best friend.
[ Eternity should be fun ;-) ]






I just thought this clip from New Girl was too appropriate. Love Zooey.


1 comment :

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs