Saturday, October 27, 2012

now take it in and don't look down


If you love somebody
Better tell them while they're here 'cause
They just may run away from you

You'll never know what went well
Then again it just depends on
How long of time is left for you


I have figured it out. It makes so much sense now! I can't sleep because I don't have a tempur-pedic mattress here. Does that make me spoiled? Maybe. But its true. I haven't slept without one since I was probably 10 or 11. Sad, I know. But there is no point in me buying one here! Especially because I have no idea how long I will be here. 


Moving on, yesterday was fantastic. In my previous post I told about my surfing adventure but I FAILED to mention the turtle that was right next to me while I was surfing! Some keikis saw him and came to surf by me because they said turtles were good luck. I did catch a few waves so maybe they were right ;-). 


Last night we went to the YSA bi-stake carnival. It ended up being really fun! I have some really funny pictures of us doing the bungee run that I will have to post later (they are on my t4i). Side note about the bungee run-- I was up against Abigail and a boy named Conner, who (gasp), is an OREGON DUCKS FAN. Yes, I couldn't believe it either. I would like to proudly report that this Husky alumni beat him in the bungee competition, it was almost too easy! Somehow I ended up sitting on him at the end too... he ended up in my lane? Weird, I know. 


At around 12:30, I begin to get a little tired and cranky (I woke up at 5:30 am yesterday after all). So I dragged my people out to walk to my car, and because I LOVE stars so much, they convinced me stargazing was a good idea. It was. There was no way I was going to last as long as my last stargazing adventure, but it was still a good time. 


Time to start my day. Instead of surfing we decided we are going paddle boarding this morning! I am so excited. I have ALWAYS wanted to try it! AND this is a sport I can do back home in Seattle! Or anywhere with water for that matter. I will continue to surf come next week. (: I'll let y'all know how it goes.





Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs