Monday, October 29, 2012

call me a safe bet, i'm betting i'm not

you say you wanted a solution,
you just wanted to be missed

This weekend was amazing. Perfect birthday weekend. Every morning this week Kaitlyn and I have been getting up early to go on a run/walk. We both aren't exactly marathon runners so it is nice to switch it up. Being the day dreamer that I am, I always enjoy a good thought-provoking stroll, and what better place to do it?


Friday mornings are even more special because I get to go to the Temple with Cary's ward (My second Dad, Emily's Father). I really needed to feel peace this week and I was able to find it there. It's a beautiful thing.


I was able to go surfing again (as mentioned in previous post). Turtles galore. And then there was the carnival! Still haven't uploaded those pictures... one day. 


SATURDAY

Saturday was SUCH a good day. We woke up with the intentions of going surfing, but decided to try something new, something I have wanted to do for quite some time (even before I came to the islands). WE WENT PADDLE BOARDING! Okay, okay. I know its not the craziest thing I could have done but it was so much fun! And, if I do say so myself, it was a very nice core work out! I didn't fall once, which I was honestly pretty surprised about, considering I have completely forgotten how to stand on a surf board. 


The swell on Saturday (even in Haleiwa) was too large for us inexperienced paddle boarder's so we were only allowed in the river/ the bay. We probably saw 10+ turtles in that river, including one of the LARGEST ones I have seen, right next to my board! One day I will get over the 5-year-old thrill of seeing one up close, but it was so AWESOME


After paddle boarding we were all starved so we went over to Kua 'Aina and had some delicious burgers. They were SO good! I wasn't even in the mood for burgers but now even writing about them is making me hungry. Yum. We had to stop by Mililani so we were able to get some Starbucks as well. Perfect, I know. Did I mention that Em and I were rocking out to Brand New and Taking Back Sunday the whole way home? Typical. Brought back some excellent memories (:


I got back to Laie at around 6:45 and had to shower and run to the movie theater for a 7:10 showing of Chasing Mavericks. Don't ask me if I liked the movie, because I won't be able to tell you. At 7:45 I got a text from Emily saying there was a tsunami warning and we had 2 hours to evacuate. It took me about 20 minutes to actually get up and leave (I felt really bad). I followed their car to a nearby ranch and we camped out for a couple of hours, only to find out that there was no real threat to the islands. Oh well! Better safe than sorry I guess!


I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't just a little stressed out.......


Then there is today. We were supposed to have stake conference this morning but it was cancelled, so my dear little sister (basically) Abby called me 5 minutes to 10 and told me I had to come to church with her and Peter at Cary's ward. I got ready to go, took me about 10 minutes, so I was a little bit late. There were some really good talks, I am glad that I could make it! 


Have I mentioned that I LOVE the Wasden's? I am extremely close to my family and it can sometimes be hard to be so far away from them but they make it so much easier! They were so sweet and made me celebrate my birthday again today with a fantastic cake! Chocolate sour cream I believe it was? Seriously to die for. I ate more than I have in a long time, and I didn't feel sick! It was fantastic. 


The fireside was great. I have to admit I was a bit distracted, but the testimonies that were shared were touching. 


Ah, just finished my iced tea and now I must retire to my bed. Early morning beach run tomorrow (: 


So excited to go!

 This face was too good to pass up.



 The whole crew














So spoiled.


So good.



come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like i've missed you all this time
And meet me there tonight
And let me know that it's not all in my mind

[goodnight]
xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs