Wednesday, September 17, 2014

pit stop at the happiest place on earth

I am a sucker for all things Disney. The minute I leave Disneyland I am wanting to go back (never fulfilled). I'm pretty certain it has a lot to do with me spending most of my childhood vacations there.

Just writing about Disneyland makes me antsy! Which leads me to the why (A.K.A. where is this random Disney craze coming from?).

While road-tripping from our temporary home in Washington to our temporary home in Utah, we took a couple weeks off to hang out in California. We spent the first night at Walnut Creek visiting our darling friends Ryan, Ariel and cute little McKay. The next day, before continuing our journey, we beached in Capitola with none other than Rachel Smith & her friends Nicole & Teddy! Can I just stop and say that we have the greatest friends in the world? It was so great to visit with everyone and it meant a lot that they would take time out of their busy schedules to hang with us!

Once we made it down to SoCal, the rest of that week was spent beaching and surfing along the coast of Malibu and spending time with Ben's family and childhood friends in Agoura Hills. It was exactly what we needed to de-stress from packing our entire lives into our car and driving however many hours it equated to. I loved seeing Ben's high school hangouts, meeting his friends and eating at all his favorite restaurants (: .

We also made it to the Los Angeles Temple which was ginormous, but also very beautiful.




The following week we spent three days at the happiest place on earth. Without a doubt, Disneyland is my happy, giddy, childish place. Even with age, the Disney magic still exists. This 'magic' could also be referred to: butterflies-in-your-stomach-all-day-long excitement. There are many who understand this feeling, and probably just as many (if not more) who are much too serious for this "nonsense" (let loose, people!). Believe it or not, you see both parties at Disneyland.





Needless to say, we had a blast. And we cannot wait to go back. Hopefully sooner rather than later.


2 comments :

  1. I want to go to Disneyland SO BAD!! Let's have that be our next reunion ;) miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! glad you had such a great time in cali. I'm sad we missed ya but so happy you got to see friends and family and get some beach time in :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs