Thursday, September 11, 2014

on leaving hawaii

Ben and I met, fell in love and spent our first four months of marriage on the beautiful island of Oahu. Leaving was very difficult on us both. I still reminisce about our drives on the North Shore, with Ben scoping out beaches to see which had the best waves. We both miss the enveloping heat. Something about it was so comforting. Hawaii was where our story began and it still feels like home.




Hawaii changed me. And yea, I know how cheesy that sounds. But it really did. It made me realize what was really important. Nobody there cares about your clothes, your hair, your makeup or how "perfect" your body is. Or at least none of the people that mattered did. It totally exposes you. I learned so much about myself, my aspirations, and who I wanted to be.

And this is not to say that every day in Hawaii was perfect. That is not the case. I had some lows, some really lows and some even lower lows, but they were necessary in my growing process. Hawaii helped me to let go and move forward.

Hawaii introduced me to the most incredible man that I have ever met. Everyone told me that I would never find a man as good as my father. I am so so glad that they were wrong! My expectations were sky high, and he has more than exceeded them. He is my greatest blessing.

I know that moving to Hawaii was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It was a dream and I am so glad that I pursued it. I thank God every day for the amazing blessings that have come from the choice that I made to move over two years ago. I know it was inspired by Him and I couldn't be more grateful!

Hawaii, we will return someday soon. xx


1 comment :

  1. awe i love this! so glad you came :) hawaii had a very similar story for me as well and will always feel like home. so glad you were led there and blessed so abundantly. love you and miss you! (this is lisa)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs