Sunday, January 13, 2013

home for the holidays, part 1



So now I think that I could
Love you back
And I hope it's not too late cause you're so attractive
And the way you move
I won't close my eyes


I am back on the islands. I was beginning to forget how much I loved it here after being in Seattle for 3 weeks. I love this place as much as I love my hometown, even though they could not be more different. 


The one thing I miss about Seattle is my people. I surround myself with the world's greatest human beings. I could not tell you how I have had such luck, but I thank the Lord everyday. (:


So here goes my Seattle journey, pictures and commentary provided.



It wouldn't be right if it was not raining when I arrived back home in the rainy city.


Waiting at the airport for my Dad to swoop me and take me to Grandma's for dinner. Yes. Moccasins in Seattle. 


My Grandma Sanelli's house. Yummy Italian food for days. Best welcoming dinner ever.


Little Braydon. Who is in fact, not so little. Love this little munchkin.


Connor is the sweetest, most caring little 6 year old you will ever meet. Love him dearly.


Just trying to take a normal picture with these cute kids.


Our traditional sushi date. This girl is the smartest 7 year old I have ever met. 


 Got to see these little nuggets for a few days before they left and went to Utah for Christmas. Miss them so much. Wish we could live closer to each other!!



My only pictures with my sister before she left!! Again, wish we could see each other more. I am so happy that they have found a new home in Colorado! Can't wait to see all of their cute pictures. (:


 La Casita, the local family Mexican joint in Sammamish. The owners have known me since I was a just a babe. Love it here.


 When I told Gianni that Grandpa was coming to pick us up he stood on a bench and watched outside to catch the first glimpse of the car. This kid is seriously a genius.


Gianni asked me to put stickers on his face, so naturally I obliged. This is before putting two more pads of stickers on his face. I really wish I would have gotten a good shot before taking all of them off. But, as you can see, the lower sad lip is there as a result of his chin not feeling normal (thanks to all the stickers). Once he saw them in the mirror and realized how uncomfortable it was to move his face, he decided it was time for the stickers to go. He could entertain me for days.


Gianni had a snowman painted on his face when we went to see reindeer. Everyday afterward he had Domenic draw another one on his cheek. This is a result of a 2 (almost 3) year old's request, drawn with an eyeliner pencil. 


Little Siena and I on our family bowling trip. She is the sweetest little girl. Always happy. Rarely do I ever hear that baby girl cry! And it is only when she needs something. Love her.



 Gianni's favorite hot chocolate-- with hazelnut. Yes, it is clear we are related. At one point he was double fisting hot chocolates (mine and Brit's). 


Look closely. Yes. There is a dog. Driving this vehicle. Well, it was actually parked, but Britnae and I thought it was necessary to take this. Really freaked me out at first!


Yes, it is true, and so obvious. I adore this child.


 Gianni loves temples. So much, in fact, that he has decided that this is his baby-sized temple and he carries it around wherever he goes! 


 He used to never let anyone hold his hand! Glad that he has changed his mind. So adorable.


My family enjoys Martinelli's. Especially Gianni. Over the holidays, we can consume about 4 bottles (at dinner) every night!


 Trying to snatch photos of Siena! She is a mover (: love this girl.


 Good picture of Gianni's original snowman (:


This is what Gianni does when you tell him to smile. You have to be careful to choose your words if you want a good picture. It is best to use phrases like "Gianni can you show me your eyes?" or "Gianni, what's that you've got in your hand?". Sometimes it is necessary to get creative. 


Gianni picked out a snowman for him and I. There is nothing sweeter. 



He is too cute.


Gianni gave himself a double chin in this picture! (:



Siena and I on Christmas Eve. She is the most pleasant and easy going baby. Love her.


Oh Gianni. He doesn't look too excited for this picture. Poor kid ;-) 


Grandma's homemade cannoli! These are beyond delicious.


Our masterpiece. Yes. 


Gianni helping out with the snow placement.


Brit and I showcasing our talents.


Christmas dinner. Homemade beef ravioli. Tradition.


Stayed downtown in Bellevue for a night when our floors got redone. Forgot how pretty everything gets around Christmas time! (:


Our Christmas tree with an unreasonable amount of presents underneath. We go a little too overboard if you ask me. I can't help but point out my beautiful Tory Burch box right in the front! Best present under the tree! (:


We had Christmas at about 10:30 AM. And yes, I had to wait for my little sister and older brother to get up before I got to open presents. Issues.


 I love our sparkly ornaments! Yee!!!


When we stayed at the Westin, they had a pretty exquisite gingerbread display in the lobby. I was impressed. One day I'll try to compete with this... maybe.



Our new kitchen sink, with the same beautiful view of the greenbelt! Ah, this makes me miss Washington. I wish it were only a drive away. 





New floors, new paint on the walls, new furniture, new cabinets, new counters, new appliances. My house looks so different, but so much better! Love it.



So glad I got to see the kitchen mostly finished. Cabinets still need the finishing touches but it is almost there!


Just testing out our new stove. Grilling steaks and sautéing mushrooms with wine. Yum.



Sometimes, living in Hawaii, I forget how much I like to cook! Domenic and I teamed up for this meal. Fresh bolognese sauce, gnocchi, and eggplant parmigiano. I am officially obsessed with this stove.


I took this one when I was driving home from somewhere. This is where I turn into my neighborhood. And that is the view I have from my bedroom window. Cotton candy mountains! Such a beautiful city.


Already missing you. But it is good to be back in paradise.

Be in my eyes
And be in my heart.


No comments :

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs