Monday, November 19, 2012

fathers, be good to your daughters

I am a daddy's girl.
And, I have the BEST Dad a girl could ever ask for.


I have never met a more patient person than my Father. I really can't remember him ever getting mad at me growing up.  Every time he was somewhat upset with me, he would sit down and talk with me in a cool and collected manner. 


He is a cool weird. My Dad loves to have fun. He has an unconventional sense of humor, which my whole family seems to have inherited. He has no trouble acting very silly. There is never a shortage of laughter in the Sanelli home. 


He is a sports fan. We bond over a good University of Washington football game. 


He loves my Mother. Both of my parents have set the bar so high for me. After 31 years of marriage, they are still in love. He sends her flowers, and opens her doors. They have date nights every Friday. Gives me hope. 


Disneyland is one of his favorite vacations. And since he is a planner, like myself, he has our whole d-land trip down to a science. We have to stay at the Grand Californian, eat at Blue Bayou, and get fast passes for Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Splash before the park gets swarmed. It is an art form.


He is always straightforward and honest. Never have I ever met a man who matches my Dad in this regard. Honest, maybe. But the combination is rare. He is never afraid to say what he means and how he feels.


He and I have a lot of similar qualities. He has helped me become who I am today. Taught me how I should be treated, and he never forgets to say he loves me.



La Casita 2006

La Casita 2006 #2

La Casita 2006 #3

My first birthday!! In 2006....
Love him. He is the best.


My adorable parents.

Dad's (Gianni's) birthday last year!!

Two of my FAVORITE people!

So silly. We are so weird.

The whole gang. Say hello to family Christmas photo for our 2012 greeting card!
And this is what I was doing while writing this blog post. No sleep on the weekend= tired Nici.



Happy Birthday Dad.
Miss & love you.


xx



4 comments :

  1. Ohhhhhh this is too perfect!!!! (you'll never know who I am muhahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that ^ person is a total creep... gotta watch out fo those peeps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know, I hate when people creep on my blog! I can't imagine who that could be... ;-)

      Delete
  3. oh so sweet, what a beautiful family and awesome dad!!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs