Monday, November 19, 2012

don't confuse classy with being a doormat

He's just not that into you.

"Hey--do you remember that movie when the girl waited around for the guy to ask her out, then made excuses when he didn't? Then she slept with him when they were both drunk, and basically just hung around until they were kind of dating? Then he cheated on her, but because she knew deep down inside that if she forgave him and kept her expectations low and was really agreeable, she'd get him in the end? He was drunk at the wedding, but they lived miserably ever after in an unsatisfying relationship that was built on a sh***y foundation? You don't ? That's because those movies don't get made, because that's not what love is like. People are inspired to do remarkable things to find and be with the one they love. Big movies are made about it, and every relationship you admire bursts with a greatness that you hope for in your own life. And the more you value yourself, the more chance you'll have of getting it. So read these excuses, have a laugh, and then...put them all to rest. You're worth it"



Yes. I am reading this book. Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo are hilarious. Though most of what they say in here is common sense, I still wish I would have read this book 10 years ago to save myself a little bit of the pain I had to endure for being young and naive. I will be making my future children read this (at an appropriate age, of course). 


Also, I have considered writing a book titled "SHE is just not that into you". I am not sure how many guys would be interested in reading it but I think it could be very helpful! ;-) Just joking, but really.


Few of my favorite quotes so far:


"don't spend your time on and give your heart to any guy who makes you wonder about anything related to his feelings for you."


"Don't confuse being classy with being a doormat. Classy is walking away with your head held high, graciously, and with dignity. Being a doormat is offering to drive him to the dentist for his root canal."


"A guy says he doesn't want to be with you. Sometimes that guy realizes he's made the biggest mistake of his life. And then sometimes he doesn't. Either way, either way, your only job is to move on with your life, and fast. He can always try to chase you down as you're running down the block. If he does, just remember that it will sound like this: "Let's get back together." "Let's go into counseling." "Let's try again." "I miss you. I made a mistake. I want to be with you." Here's what it won't sound like: "Will you walk my dog?" "Just calling to check in." "Want to see that movie?" "Will you go to Cousin George's wedding with me?"


I’ve tried to cut these corners
Try to take the easy way out
I kept on falling short of something

I coulda gave up then but
Then again I couldn’t have ’cause
I’ve traveled all this way for something

xx

2 comments :

  1. omigosh i LOVE that book; i read it when i was a sophomore in high school (probably way too young now that im looking back....) but it is STILL on my shelf. i made all my girlfriends read it. it is loaded with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is sooooo true. I have seen myself in so many of the situations he describes. Wish I would have read it sooner (: He cracks me up though. Such a gem!

      Delete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs