Friday, October 26, 2012

so they say it's your birthday

i have never been a fan of birthdays.

Maybe at one point in my young life I was, but later on I realized that having expectations for your birthday usually results in some disappointment. That, and it seems that something notoriously goes wrong on or around my "special" day. So I gave up on making it unique and decided to roll with whatever came my way. Unfortunately my friends always seem to have other plans for me, and I love them for it. 


I am never allowed to not celebrate. Never allowed to ignore text messages, phone calls, or voicemails (though I do have several people I need to call back tomorrow-SORRY!!). Needless to say, I am blessed. My family & friends appreciate me, and I appreciate them way more than they probably realize. 


That being said, I had a swell birthday. Kaitlyn and I decided to switch up our daily morning workout and walk to Subway to take advantage of their buy one 6 inch, get one free (we have been wanting this deal for DAYS! But it is only available before 9am). So after buying our lunch a tad early, we went back home to wait anxiously to eat it. I waited till 11 am exactly. I figured that was late enough to be called lunchtime, right? So good!


One of my best & most dear friends Emily came up from Honolulu to spend some quality time with me. She, Lisa & I went surfing during the afternoon over at Castles. The swell was REALLY mild today, so I only caught a few waves (and I need to work on standing without falling off the board :) ) but I am looking forward to going again this weekend! I also expect my arms to be sore in the morning, I literally have NO muscle on my arms. While I was doing insanity they started to get really big, but then I stopped. Now the most push-ups I do are about 25/day. Maybe if I start Insanity again I will be a better surfer!! Oh, the possibilities!!!!


I didn't end up getting home till around 4-4:30 ish, had time to shower, and then hit the road with my roommates, Abigail & Pedro for some birthday dinner at Opal Thai! I love that place. So homey. The plates are big enough to share! It's really very good. And I love the owner. He put a candle on my plate and made me uncover my face so they could sing me happy birthday! Such a sweet man.


We stopped by Starbucks on the way home and got some CAC- which is actually now CAS (Caramel apple cider, caramel apple spice). It reminds me of Fall even though it is so humid and hot here. We had planned to buy pumpkins at Foodland but they were pretty picked over, and none of us wanted to spend 30 dollars....


Abigail and I went on a walk when we got back and went swinging on the swings by the temple. Anytime I swing it reminds me of swinging late late at night with Emily and discussing all of our current boy happenings. Today wasn't too different! She pretty much knows my entire dating history now (sorry abs!!), lucky girl. 


Last, but most certainly not least!! DESSERT! I really wasn't feeling a cake this year, not today anyway. Kaitlyn decided I still needed something sweet so she bought me pineapple (delicious). And my dear next door neighbor Brit, brought me some AMAZING cookies!! So petite!! Just the right size & just the right amount of sweetness! Love them both.


My day was a good one. I am blessed. And I had planned to go to sleep much earlier but clearly that did not happen. Need to wrap this up so I won't be drowsy in the temple tomorrow morning (:


Here are a few pictures from today:



My dad picked out this card. The hula girl spins like crazy when you open the card. I just love my parents so much!!!




















This was my happy birthday sister text. She is mastering the Grinch smile!




 Wearing my new akin shirt, blowing out my candles, the usual (:



Cute note from my roommates (:



 Brit's pumpkin cookies!!! I LOVE THEM.


and she's buying a stairway to heaven. 
[goodnight all]

xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs