Tuesday, October 23, 2012

we're beautiful, like diamonds in the sky

shine bright like a diamond.

Today was magical. This morning I had so much confusion, and while the confusion has not actually been cleared, I was able to have a remarkable day. One of those thought provoking, inner-reflection type days. 


At Devotional Sister Virginia Pearce fed us some inspirational food for thought. She taught us three principles: Think big, Thing straight, and Think abundantly. 


Think Big
Change is a constant that we keep bumping up against, almost like elevating yourself to a higher altitude. If you think of big ideas often enough you will consistently bump into God's plan for all of us. 


The point I think she was trying to make in 'think big' is that we need to constantly be looking at the bigger picture. What are we doing right now that is going to get us to where we need to be later? Interesting thought.


"It isn't just getting through the day, it is becoming what God wants us to become...don't lead small lives."


Think Straight
Straight thinking produces peace and joy, distorted thinking produces misery.


This one was a bit harder for me to understand, but I believe what she was trying to say is that our mind is a very powerful tool that can either help us or hurt us. If we are thinking 'straight' then we are not negatively impacting our daily endeavors by our thoughts. 


This one is especially important for me because I tend to be highly critical of myself and it can sometimes bring me down. I have gotten better at controlling that little character flaw, but it is always nice to have a reminder. (:


Think Abundantly
Knowing that there is enough and more for everyone. Refraining from making comparisons between yourself  and others. If we are busy comparing ourselves with others we start thinking scarcely instead of thinking abundantly. Showing gratitude for what you have been blessed with. 


This one was all encompassing. What I immediately think of when I hear "abundance" is the saying, the world is your oyster. Don't limit your lives, your talents, your abilities. Do not limit your creativity


Ah! Gives me goosebumps. It was a really good devotional.


Afterwards I took my adopted little sister, Miss Abigail Wasden, over to Haleiwa where we enjoyed some much needed retail therapy and smoothies. Blasting Taylor Swift all the way home was the cherry on top of our afternoon.


I then went and took a nap on the beach with Amanda. Though my naps are always interrupted due to my phone. Its almost as if everyone knows when I am sleeping and they determine at that very moment they should contact me via text. Can't complain though, I love them all. 


After the beach we made the trek to Starbucks. My long lost love. The only one of its kind on the North Shore! The Foodland over there is a TON better than the Laie Foodland so we did some grocery shopping as well. 


And only to FURTHER add to an excellent day, Pretty Little Liars had their Halloween special and it was AMAZING! Can't believe they are making us wait till January to find out what happens. I also just realized that I will have a new New Girl to watch tomorrow (: (: Oh, happy day! Love that show. She and I share a likeness in our ability to be awkward. 


What will tomorrow bring? 



LANIKAI JUICE (: (:


freckly shoulders!! (:


I seriously can't believe I live here.





"In God's world there is enough and more for everyone."

xx




No comments :

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs